1/8 cup of milk
1/8 cup of paremesan cheese
a dash of Mrs. Dash
a dash of salt and pepper
a dash of dried basil
dried bread crumbs
8 pieces of partially cooked chicken. ( i cook it till it is almost all the way cooked through- dont completely cook it though because you want your chicken moist and not dry)
- Start with cooking the chicken. I personally fill a pan full of water, place the chicken in and basically boil it till its where i want it to be. While the chicken is cooking crack the egg into a bowl and whisk well. Add the milk, cheese and seasonings. Make sure their is no lumps- that's just gross.
- When you chicken is cooked you want to preheat your oven to about 250 and have a pan to put the chicken on. Also this is when you will bring out your favorite frying pan. Pour some cooking oil into the frying pan and let this get fairly hot.
- You are going to take the chicken dig in the egg mixture then on a plate have some breadcrumbs. You will take the chicken out of the egg mixture and generously coat in bread crumbs on both sides then place in the hot oil to crisp up. (The reason why we precooked the chicken is because the bread coating would have crisped up and started burning far long before the chicken was finished cooking)
- You will cook the chicken for a minute or two on each side before placing on the sheet pan and into the oven. Really you just want to egg mixture to cook all the way, the coating to get a golden brown and just on the verge of being crispy.
- When you place the chicken in the oven feel free to sprinkle some grated cheese on top for extra yumminess.
- Repeat this process till you have used all the chicken. Chances are you will not use up all of the egg mixture. (however this chicken does keep well in the fridge and freezer so you could just make up a ton of chicken and save for a rainy day when you just want something quick, warm and yummy) This chicken is really good by itself, you could have it with spaghetti sauce, ketchup or my favorite RANCH!!!!!!